Monday, September 8, 2008

Tom Cruise in Shrek 4

Hollywood is all about franchises nowadays. Sequels coming every year. It's okay when it's a trilogy I guess, but almost all studios just want to milking some characters or stories until there's nothing left. There's only a few sequels that's better from the original one. I won't name it because it's not the same for everyone.
So, just yesterday I posted about yet another Spiderman's sequels. And now we're talking about another sequel also coming in 2010. It's the successfull animated movie Shrek. The fourth installment might have Tom Cruise's voice. Although nothing has been confirmed yet, Cruise may be set to play one of the film's villain collaborating with the previous film's cast members, Mike Myers, Eddy Murphy, Cameron Diaz, and Anthonio Banderas.
I don't know if I'm going to watch the fourth installment or not. To me, it's among the movies that it's sequel's worse than the original. While the second and third installment were still enjoyable, but they were no match for the first movie that was entertaining, brilliant, and full of fresh jokes. I guess we'll see if the fourth can surpass that.

No comments: