Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Batman 3 Cast


The biggest blockbuster movie this summer is definitely The Dark Knight. Breaking record for the highest gross for opening week, defeating last year's Spiderman 3. So, as to almost every Hollywood movie that success, another sequel is a sure thing.

Speaking with MTV, actor Michael Cain who played the role Alfred the butler in Batman Begins and its sequel The Dark Knight said, "They've already got the villains in mind. It's Johnny Depp as The Riddler and The Penguin is Phillip Seymour Hoffman." Johnny Depp is widely known as Captain Jack Sparrow in Disney's trilogy Pirates of the Caribbean. While Phillip Seymour Hoffman is known for his role in Capote, Mission Impossible III, and Red Dragon. Michael Cain also said, "I was with Warner Bros executive and I said, 'Are we going to make another one?' They said yeah. I said, 'How the hell are we going to top Heath Ledger as The Joker?' And he says I'll tell you how to top Heath. Johnny Depp as The Riddler and Phillip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin. I said 'They've done it again!'". Both Johnny and Phillip said that nothing was set yet and they're not saying no, but also not saying yes because the deal hasn't been made and the opportunity is wide open.

Batman is not my favourite superhero. But The Dark Knight is sure a masterpiece. I was captivated by the storyline and Heath Ledger's performance. It's a long movie by today's standard. A full 150 minutes. I hope they can deliver the third one better.



No comments: