Friday, September 5, 2008

PSN PSP Games Getting Released on UMD

It's been awhile since PSP gamers can download games on PSN (Playstation Network) store. But I think Sony executives might think it's not enough to just release the game on PSN. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe announced that they will release a range of themed collection games on UMD. It will be made available on PAL territories including UK, mainland Europe, and Australia.
The first batch of these collection games will be made available from mid-October to Euro gamers with Playstation Network Collection Puzzle Pack which combine Lemmings, Go! Sudoku, and Go! Puzzle on one disc.
Later on still in October, the second collection, a Power Pack will consist of Beats, flOw, and Syphon Filter: Combat Ops.
There will be other collections made available through out 2009. No price point yet though. And no luck for North American gamers too since SCEA said no release plans for the collection games yet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the SCEA kind of gave up on the psp. Due to the majority of psp in the US are hacked.

lionheart85 said...

I beg to differ. I think PSP has been a success for a first attempt by Sony in a field that has been dominated by Nintendo.

lionheart85 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh I agree that the psp is good for sonys first try at a handheld(or 3rd with the new one out in a few months)
I was just commenting on how SCEE and SCEJ have done more with the psp than SCEA has. That could be because 9 out of 10 times if someone buys one here in the US it is mostly to hack it to run homebrew or pirate games. No I'm not saying that every psp that is hacked is running pirate games(mine is). But this may discourage a company from releasing new products to that area.

Anonymous said...

mine is hacked but not running pirated games. I should have posted that. All games I play on it are bought at the local GameStop. :)

lionheart85 said...

I see. I thought that the US has a strict law about piracy, and it's a country with less piracy than others. Here in my country, you can be sure that every psp and ps2 and xbox 360, and wii all are hacked and run pirated games. Lol