Saturday, August 16, 2008

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Delayed

Oh crap! That's my first reaction when I found out that the next Harry Potter movie got delayed. Warner Brothers announced that they're moving Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince from November 21 2008 back to July 17 2009. In making the announcement Mr Horn stated, "Our reasons are two fold. First, the summer season is a more ideal window for a family tent pole release as proven by the success of our last Harry Potter film, the second highest grossing film in the franchise, behind only the first installment. Additionally, like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films changing the competitive landscape for 2009 and offering new windows of opportunity that we wanted to take advantage of.".
Well, it's still crap to me. I don't know if I'm still alive next July.

Update: Since there are games based on the movie for almost every platform that should be released this November alongside the movie, I can't help but wondering if the gamest got delayed too. Guess what, according to an EA (they're the publisher of the Harry Potter games) representative, nothing is decided yet. They're still evaluating the impact of the movie date change.
But I highly doubt they will release it this November. Another crap in my face today. :-(

No comments: