Monday, August 18, 2008

American History X

American History X
To tell the truth, I can't get enough of American History X. It is a movie released in 1998 but I didn't watch it until 2004. An online friend of mine told me about this movie. He's a fan of Star Wars and we have same taste movie-wise. So I started to search the movie here at my local stores. And they're none. I asked my friend that at the time was having a vacation in Jakarta (the capital city of Indonesia) to search it for me. And luckily he got it. So I watched the movie and I ended up watching it everyday for a week. I started to like Edward Norton because of his performance in this movie. The movie was about a neo-nazi racist named Derek Vinyard (Edward Norton) that finds revelation and try to make things right again by stopping his younger brother Danny Vinyard (Edward Furlong) from following his footsteps. It's a good movie about racism and everyone should watch it so they can see that racism only leads to no good.
There's a line in the movie that I really like: "Life's too short to be pissed off all the time." And it's so true. I used to get angry easily. And after I watched this movie, i start to realize that angry is a negative energy and it is silly to get angry over nothing. So now I can control my temper better. Isn't it amazing how you can be a changed person just because of a movie or one short sentence? Did something like this ever happen to you? A movie that change your life? Or maybe something insignificant that you thought would be meaningless, ended up become something that changed you in a big way. You are welcome to talk about it here.

No comments: